Update
So it's been about one week of classes and talks at the school and things are going pretty well. I like being busy; it's easier to adjust when I am occuppied. But it sure has been tiring to have concrete projects and work to do everyday. Today, I needed a break so I didn't go to the school and came to the internet cafe instead.
Last weekend I went with Jill and her sister (who is visiting from the states) to Mayoyao. It is a municipality that is in the middle of the mountains and surrounded by rice terraces. It is harder to get to so I hadn't been before. Jill set us up with this tour group and we spent a weekend hiking to waterfalls, harvesting rice, and experiencing the Ifugao mountain culture. I am sure it was quite a trip for Wendy. We sometimes have the tendency to forget how extremely different life is here.
This week I plan to continue my English classes and SPED talks at the school. We are really coming along with the library. I have a designated room now that will soon be vacated. THe windows are not secure but we should have those repaired within a couple of months. It took a lot of rearranging and discussion to find this spot but I think it is going to work really well. Now I just need to find money for paint, repairs, and furniture. And of course to fill it with books and media materials. Still a long way to go but coming along.
Not much else to report. I have good days and bad days. Recently more bad than good but this weekend was a nice rejuvinator. Next week I will be going to Manila and then Bataan to help with the new training batch. One girl is from Iowa City. I can' t wait to meet her.
Hope you are all well. Love and miss you
Eva


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home