manila
So i got my results from the MRI. Its a ganglion cyst on my wrist. Its not serious. The orthopedic doctor didn't want to call it that. He said its basically a tendon cyst, growing off the tendon on my right wrist. No big deal. More than likely it is hurting me because it is pressing on a nerve. It doesn't hurt every day, just when I use my hands alot or put a lot of pressure on it. The plan now is for me to go back to my site. My Peace Corps doctor will call the Washington office to gain clearance for me to have it removed. Then I will return to Manila, most likely, next month. Im not looking forward to coming back but at least I dont have to stay here any longer. Manila is draining - mentally and financially. They give us per diem for food and cover lodging but its never enough. And the pollution here is not helping my asthma - im currentling taking antibiotics and decongestant.
What else is new? Ive seen four movies this week - the best by far was Little Miss Sunshine. Its great. I recommend that all of you see it. I ate taco bell, dairy queen, real sandwiches, pasta, burgers, fries, you name it. I did some Christmas shopping this week for my host family and colleagues. Ive been a little down lately but I think most of it has to do with being here in manila without any close friends or family and still living out of a suitcase. Even my language training-which went extremely well-was a bit lonely cos I wasn't with my closest friends.
Ill write more next week - maybe two weeks - and let you know how my holidays went. The plans so far - next week I will be going to lunch with the ambassador, we will have our school christmas party next friday, family festivities through the weekend. On the 27th I plan to go to Baguio. The 28th-my birthday!-we will all be going to a dinner with the ambassador and hopefully out later that night. On the 29th we will be going to Sherry's family's farm and camping out for a couple of days. Then back to Baguio for new years eve. I might tag on another trip after that depending on how tired i am of traveling. its been a busy month.
thats it for now. I miss you all. love you all. hope to talk to some of you soon!!!


1 Comments:
Had a cyst removed from the bottom of my foot, no sweat, hospitals are nice, Manila is what you make it, bring a kasama
Post a Comment
<< Home