Friday, April 21, 2006

Site Assignment

I know I didn't finish writing about my family...but more on that stuff later. Today in Baguio, we recieved our site placements. I am going to be in a town called Lamut. It is in Ifugao province. We all pretty much knew where we were going so there weren't any suprises except for me. I was originally going to Legawe and going to be working in a preschool with the Department of Social Services. When our regional manager interviewed me in Manila at the beginning of the trip she decided that she wanted to use my skills in special ed so she found me a new place to work. I will be working now with the department of education. They are starting a new special ed program so I will be arriving just in time. It's going to be perfect. I will be able to help them start up this whole new project. I am so excited. They wanted someone with experience in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or Speech Therapy and I have a little of experience in all three. And it looks like I will be able to use sign language too!! I'm so pumped. It's going to be a great match. And I am going to learn so much more about special ed. To tell you the truth, I was disappointed with the preschool assignment and so now I am much happier. I would have been happy with any placement...knowing that they matched my skills to what they need but this is so great.
okay, more later.....just wanted to tell the news.
love you all
eva

and grandma....i missed your call sorry but it did work :) thanks for trying

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Jane said...

Hey Eva!
It's been a couple of weeks, but I'm sure you heard about the tornado in Iowa City. My apartment is fine but the area around your old house on washington is pretty torn up. lots of houses without roofs, walls, trees uprooted. it's pretty damaged. But that's great about your new site placement. I looked it up on the map and it's right smack dab in the middle of the biggest island.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Jane said...

oops i sent my message to early. I'm going to get a calling card soon so i can call you. hope all is going well. i love reading these things. talk to you soon! jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home