In Saytan
Hi all!!!! I am finally at an internet cafe in Agoo....about 25 minutes from Saytan...the barangay that I am living in. I am with Adam...another PC trainee. We had to take a tricycle from Saytan to Rosario where we got a bus here. So in other words, not very convenient to check email. We just got our bank cards today so we also came here so we could get money out to pay our host families.
As you know, I haven't been too good with email. And the phone situation....it turns out that I gave everyone my area code and my phone number. when you put them together and use all the numbers, you have too many. so here is the real deal. 011639287874453. Try that. PLEASE!!!!!!! I havent heard from the states in ages! I thought everyone had forgotten about me!!! I'm lonely so call!!! HA!
So here's a little about my life. I am in Saytan...a little Barangay. I am with 3 other Americans. One is in his sixties - named Stan - and Japanese. The other two are my age. Jill and Adam. Jill is from Taiwan - in the states Utah. And Adam is from LA. So basically Adam and I stick out way more than the others. People are mesmorized by us. Lots of stares! In church the other day the girls next to me were touching my skin. dont know if it was the hair of my skin that they were checking out. whatever.
so my family is nice. I live with a mom - she's a teacher in the next town. It is vacation so she only has to go into work twice a week. Her son is also here for break. He is studying to be a doctor. His name is Andong and hers is Mercedes or Merci. He is the only doctor out of Saytan so he is the pride of the community. They were instantly trying to set me up with him. It's strange for women my age to be single so they are trying to change that.
The other host families are great too. We all got really lucky. Some of the other groups weren't so lucky. Basically there were 13 of us in Baguio and then we got split up into 3 groups. I haven't seen the others for two weeks. We are meeting up this weekend though for a water safety class and some debriefing.
Anways, one of the other groups had a lot of problems...lots of bugs, rats, spiders, domestic violence! Ive had a couple of tarantula sized spiders in my house but I killed one of them. And also some enormous cockroaches!!!! they were sick!! and flying ones too. but no problem. Im tough right?
So right now, we are doing language courses in the morning from 8-12. Then lunch. The rest of the day is for us to do what we want. It is so hot. and the town is dead. But we manage. We are bored a lot of the time. I can't wait for the weekend. Ill write more later but my time is up so I must run.....so much to tell....call me please!!!!
I love you all!!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home